Welcome
Welcome to <strong>CharlieManson.Net</strong>.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

"Sharon Tate and the Manson Murders" by Greg King

"Sharon Tate and the Manson Murders" by Greg King

Postby louis365 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:44 pm

I am currently reading this book. Mr King writes abt evidence that Manson and another Family member had returned to the Tate house after the murders and moved Sharons body. Ive heard this before, but have always found hard to believe. Anyone with thoughts on?
louis365

Postby Webmaster » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:10 am

Apparently police thought the bodies had been moved even before they suspected the Manson Family. Here are quotes from the first homicide progress report:

-<begin>-
http://www.charliemanson.com/documents/ ... t-1-04.htm

The next victim found was Sharon Polanski. She was inside the living room of the Polanski home, lying on her left side directly in front of a sofa which faces the fireplace. (For the exact location, see Addendum 1 and 1B.) Her head was to the south and her legs, which were tucked up towards her body in a fetal position, were to the north. Numerous stab wounds were noted about her breasts, a wound in the upper abdominal region and one stab wound in the right leg. She was obviously several months pregnant. There was dried blood smeared over the entire body. It appeared to investigating officers that someone had handled the victim, as in moving her from one location to another and the blood from the stab wounds had been smeared over other parts of the body.
-<end>-
Webmaster
Site Admin

Postby louis365 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:25 am

ok...I see ur point....just, I have always had great trouble in believing that Manson returned that night...
louis365

Postby Webmaster » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:05 am

There's the statement in "Manson In His Own Words" that claims a return visit.
Webmaster
Site Admin

Postby louis365 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:20 pm

Those books by Nuel Emmons and Ed Sanders are both must reads. Only lately do I find myself with the time to get back into the reading this sort of material. I guess Mr Emmons book will be my next one....
louis365

Postby Webmaster » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:37 pm

Then there's the blood on the front porch. Large amounts belonged to Sharon and Jay although the killers said they were never out there. It was more than would have simply dripped from a knife, too.

Between the smears on the body, the blood on the porch, and Manson's supposed statements of returning to the scene, it all seems to fit.

If there was a return visit, who was it?
Webmaster
Site Admin

Postby louis365 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:46 am

Yes....who did, Manson wouldnt have returned alone......??
louis365

Postby Webmaster » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:03 pm

Since Manson had a "bit" of a criminal past, I'd guess he might want to make sure no obvious incriminating evidence was left behind. And perhaps those mystery glasses are a hint that he was thinking about evidence (by planting a fake clue). We know the "clean-up" crew missed a couple of fingerprints and didn't find the missing knife, though.

Then there's the possible staging of bodies. The possible attempt at hanging them on the front porch. The tucking of the towel under Jay's neck rope. These display more of a psychotic mind as opposed to "just" a "let's start a race war" or "drug burn" motives. One could additionally see this with Atkins' blood writing (not done by her own thinking but under the direction of Manson (leave something witchy).

So who would have gone? We know at the ranch that Bailey was present when the crew left to commit the murders. He seems a good choice.
Webmaster
Site Admin

Postby dull » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:44 am

I believe Manson says in "Manson in his own words" that he returned to the scene with TJ the Terrible, I remember him describing how it was creepy to sneak up to a house where you knew there were dead bodies waiting.

The problem is that a lot of what's in that book (and a lot of everything that's ever been said about the case) has to be taken with a grain of salt. I personally have trouble believing it. When the kids got back to the ranch and told what went down - and I'm sure Tex told about the shooting, stabbing and screaming - who in their right mind would go to the scene and start carrying around bodies, planting evidence etc. I could imagine one of the killers going back if they forgot something etc., but someone not directly connected... that just sounds stupid. Of course it's very likely that Charlie wasn't 'in his right mind' but I would imagine that he would be a little worried to get caught doing something like that.
dull

Postby sizey » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:33 am

Police also logged report of a lot of screaming and arguing coming from the Tate house around 3-4am that night- long after the murders had taken place.

I'd imagined it was Steve Grogan who went back- but have no real proof. However, I do belive Stephen Kay has asked Tex Watson about this a couple of times, and he denies any knowledge of a return visit.

S
sizey

Re: "Sharon Tate and the Manson Murders" by Greg King

Postby retroblue » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:56 am

I'm reading this now and I think a lot of it is salacious gossip. It's an enjoyable read if you enjoy plagarism.
retroblue

Postby Webmaster » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:54 am

Somebody who once swapped a lot of mail with Tex says they asked him about the return visit and he named who went with Manson. They did not feel free to tell me, though.
Webmaster
Site Admin

Postby Terrapin » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:42 am

i'd always heard Bruces name thrown around as the person who went back with manson, i'm not sure where that came from tho. recently i read a claim that it was nancy pitman that went back with him. i find it a very interesting thought that it could have been her. she was with manson when the killers returned so she at least knew the killings were happening/happened.
Terrapin

Postby Webmaster » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:29 pm

Was it Larry Bailey that was present when the crew left or came back? Plus, he was later involved in the Shea killing, I think. LOL, you can tell I've gotten rusty with things lately...
Webmaster
Site Admin

Return to Books